• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hello,

Today I thinked a little about UFO's.
If we suppose that the Personalities from other planets are advanced enough to travel into space shouldn't they already be in some stage of Light and Life?
If the Civilization is in phase of Light and Life does it still craves for space flights?
I assume if you are in L&L you know that the goal of Mortal living is to attain basic foundation for Paradise Adventure.
So, why to fly to space then?
Peace be upon you

#2 Nigel Nunn

Nigel Nunn

Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Dear Pike,
Thanks for that insight! Real folks don't need ships to get where they're going :D
Nigel

#3 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

I am certain that a society of vacation sight-seers exists in our wounderful universe. Since the citizens of nearly ten million worlds DID NOT have the singular treasure of hosting the Soverign Father of our Universe during his mortal bestowal, there are perhaps billions of citizens of Nebadon who would like to see "The World of the Cross." I surmise I am not the only one who can envision such a desire. A great number of folks, with or without personal transit forms, would likely take whatever ship they could for such a trip, even to Urantia. I am a believer in "Student Visitors" and other Alien Visitors.

JR Sherrod
Las Vegas, NV
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#4 Alina

Alina

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:*

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hello Pike. Welcome to the Forum!

It seems very good response JR Sherrod !
For me it is very logical that visitors from other planets as well as we took a plane to cover long distances! Do not forget that we are a backward planet.It would be illogical to think that it is not possible that beings from other planets in our galaxy or outside it come to observe .They may be attracted to other missions, too.
I think there are quotes in the UB. very clear if we analyze carefully and with open mind.
Coincidentally a few days ago UFOs have flown on a little lake near my house. Wonderful!!!

Alina

Edited by Alina, 26 January 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#5 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Travel, Photography, Urantia book, science, hiking, nature

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hello All,

thank you on your ideas.
I also had few sights of "unexplainable" lights in last year (btw. one was last week), and when I was a kid one really clear and close daylight UFO sight.
Idea of Turisam is very interesting :) .
Peace be upon you

#6 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

What happened to the quarantine? Seems to me that physical visitors would be forbidden to travel here even if it were possible. Those visitors that are here are morontial or spiritual, they are invisible and are on spiritual missions or are sanctioned student visitors. They don't travel in UFO's but are carried by invisible angel transporters.

28:7.4 We are denied the full privilege of using these angels of the reflective order on Urantia. They are frequent visitors on your world, accompanying assigned personalities, but here they cannot freely function. This sphere is still under partial spiritual quarantine, and some of the circuits essential to their services are not here at present. When your world is once more restored to the reflective circuits concerned, much of the work of interplanetary and interuniverse communication will be greatly simplified and expedited. Celestial workers on Urantia encounter many difficulties because of this functional curtailment of their reflective associates. But we go on joyfully conducting our affairs with the instrumentalities at hand, notwithstanding our local deprivation of many of the services of these marvelous beings, the living mirrors of space and the presence projectors of time.

114:5.5 Each administrative day on Urantia begins with a consultative conference, which is attended by the governor general, the planetary chief of archangels, the Most High observer, the supervising supernaphim, the chief of resident Life Carriers, and invited guests from among the high Sons of the universe or from among certain of the student visitors who may chance to be sojourning on the planet.

SETI hasn't been able to pick up a single alien transmission and I think that is because we are quarantined. It seems to me that if aliens are allowed to be here, SETI would pick something up. ET's wouldn't come here and stop all transmissions between each other or back home, unless they don't transmit radio waves and communicate by some other method that we cannot detect. Nothing adds up so I don't believe in actual physical visitors from other worlds. It makes no sense if what TUB says is true.

Furthermore, if there were advanced worlds that were permitted to communicate or interact with us, they would do so via interplanetary communication circuits, which are still under quarantine.

46:8.3 But ere long, the adjudication of Lucifer and his associates will restore the Satania system to the Norlatiadek constellation, and subsequently, Urantia and the other isolated spheres will be restored to the Satania circuits, and again will such worlds enjoy the privileges of interplanetary communication and intersystem communion.

108:4.4 When a world is isolated by rebellion, when a planet is cut off from all outside encircuited communication, as was Urantia after the Caligastia upheaval, aside from personal messengers there remains but one possibility of direct interplanetary or universe communication, and that is through the liaison of the Adjusters of the spheres. No matter what happens on a world or in a universe, the Adjusters are never directly concerned. The isolation of a planet in no way affects the Adjusters and their ability to communicate with any part of the local universe, superuniverse, or the central universe. And this is the reason why contacts with the supreme and the self-acting Adjusters of the reserve corps of destiny are so frequently made on quarantined worlds. Recourse is had to such a technique as a means of circumventing the handicaps of planetary isolation. In recent years the archangels’ circuit has functioned on Urantia, but that means of communication is largely limited to the transactions of the archangel corps itself.

#7 Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*

Guest_As-Above-So-Below_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

What happened to the quarantine? ...

How do we know that the quarantine has not been lifted and, if not, who can violate the quarantine?

#8 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

How do we know that the quarantine has not been lifted and, if not, who can violate the quarantine?

No one can violate the quarantine; I don't think that's a matter of free-will choice, it's not an option. However, there are those who are able to utilize circuits that are not quarantined, such as the Adjusters and archangels. Since Michael is the only one who can lift an interplanetary quarantine, I suspect that he would be the one to let us know it when it happens, that is, if he wants us to know. I'm not sure it's something that we need to know though.

35:9.9 Only a bestowal Son can re-establish interplanetary lines of communication on such a spiritually isolated world.

Before the rebellion did the common mortal have access to interplanetary communication? I don't know. Maybe he did. Maybe that explains mankind's strange obsession with the heavenly bodies and their movements.

#9 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:politics

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

That's an amazing point you make, Bonita. But if these UFO and alien stories and sightings are not aliens from other planets.......then what are they? Are they Midwayers? Are they Life Carriers? Are they Material Sons? They've gotta be something. That's like the question of what makes the Ouija Board move. The Ouija Board does move on its own, but the UB says there are no dead people here on the planet.
"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#10 Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Pike aka Hrvoje Pajk

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Good morning to all,

The time will show what they really are. Before I discovered the UB, I was obsessed by UFO's. But now, somehow I don't care.
If they are here it is Father's will and I don't feel need to waste my mind energy on them.

The patient is the Virtue which I needed the longest time to learn :)
Peace be upon you

#11 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

That's an amazing point you make, Bonita. But if these UFO and alien stories and sightings are not aliens from other planets.......then what are they? Are they Midwayers? Are they Life Carriers? Are they Material Sons? They've gotta be something. That's like the question of what makes the Ouija Board move. The Ouija Board does move on its own, but the UB says there are no dead people here on the planet.

I don't know if all the sightings of UFO's are real or not since I've never seen one myself. Personally, I love the idea of ET's and UFO's but I can't bring myself to believe until, like Thomas, I see, feel and hear for myself. That being said, I suppose that it's a possibility that we may not be barred from communicating with other quarantined planets, but they would most likely be just as backward and incapable as we are.

As for the ouija board, it's your subconscious that makes it move. Your conscious mind is so preoccupied with other things that it does not recognize what is happening. When I was a kid my sister and I would fool with it for hours because we really believed in it. As an old curmudgeon who no longer believes, and as one who has learned to recognize the subconscious stream, I can't get it to move at all. The mind is a fascinating place.

#12 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well, I did see a UFO once when I was having a really bad day and not interested in a UFO sighting. It was a large star that suddenly dropped straight to the ground slowly. And I've talked to someone else who saw an actual saucer. Plus you look at all the photos here in Phoenix of strange star formations and actions that are reported on the news. We know there's UFO's. We just don't know what they are.

And I know it wasn't my mind moving the Ouija. I asked it questions that only I knew the answer to and my hands were not touching the board. The other players were the only ones touching it. Whoever it is that moves that board is invisible, not me, and very unspiritual.
"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#13 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hello all!

I have been pondering this subject for many decades. I and my mother & brother saw a UFO over our neighborhood in 1973; and ever since that amazing night I have sought to learn about and understand those unknown aerial devices. The Urantia Book does not specifically address "UFO's" that I can tell. It does offer tantalizing clues to the mystery of such wonderous vehicles.

For instance, (and as a small example), when discussing the physical features of Jerusem, we find the following:

P.521 - §1 The transportation system is allied with the circulatory streams of energy movement, these main energy currents being located at ten-mile intervals. By adjustment of physical mechanisms the material beings of the planet can proceed at a pace varying from two to five hundred miles per hour. The transport birds fly at about one hundred miles an hour. The air mechanisms of the Material Sons travel around five hundred miles per hour. Material and early morontia beings must utilize these mechanical means of transport, but spirit personalities proceed by liaison with the superior forces and spirit sources of energy. [emphasis added]

I find it significant that the planetary activities of the citizens of Jerusem include "physical mechanisms" and "physical air mechanisms" We are instructed in the basics of our intended course of spiritual evolution from material animal-origin to morontial to spirit, but there are often hints throughout TUB of vast collections of activities and information about which the revelators do not speak. Perhaps, there are mechanical-appearing entities which operate in our atmosphere that we don't need to know about, right now; or perhaps there are physical transport vehicles which are similarly unnecessary to our spiritual progression.

I am content with the knowledge of the anomalous vehicles in our earthly skies falling into that vast collection of information and activities having nothing at all to do with the important task of becoming surviving and ascending sons of God. In due course, I am completely confident we shall all have our questions in this area answered. Who knows, perhaps mankind might be on the brink of discovering the truth about these things for ourselves - which might be why TUB doesn't mention them at all...?

"JR"
Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#14 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Oh, JR, you are so right. The saucers we see could very well be the physical mechanisms used by morontia beings and material sons!!!

#15 Nelson G

Nelson G

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Pianos fast cars and airplanes.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

I can imagine a planet of intelligent beings who have been fortunate enough to have evolved without rebellion. The Planetary Prince, and other bestoals actually helped the age of L&L come about in a more efficient manner.
It would not be too difficult to take the assumption another step and imagine that since this more spiritual path is personal, the quest for knowlege and facts could easily become much less important. Possibly the spiritual path was set for them many centuries before the urge to understand the facts of the physical universe took hold.
Technology may only be of passive interest to them, or developed in a more benign manner.
How long would it take to develop deep space transport with technology as opposed to the ability to take advantage of seraphic transport?
Just imagining.
Life often gives us our greatest gifts brilliantly disguised as our worst nightmares.

#16 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Good imagining there Nelson....and mine leads me to agreement. I would bet a cup of coffee that no planet gets warp speed prior to light and life...and then what's the point, eh? As far as UFOs go, I've seen an unidentified flying object too...and it remains unidentified....as they all do until they are identified and none have proven to be space ships (the saucers we see???)....and I doubt they ever will. The mechanized transports for morontial travel are also morontial as we are still physical or quasi physical and require it (although I look forward to the talking birds more myself - to soar and swoop!). But no morontial being goes to any material planet I don't believe. Those who serve on a Prince's staff are seraphim transported and rematerialized as material beings on-planet, as are the Adams and Eves. That's why there are transport seraphim and the seas of glass, for transport, no? And Bonita's quotes above say communication and communion, not visitation or inter-galactic travel. So if there are "saucers", they would be alien mortals with multiple speed of light capabilities (warp speed) as TUB tells clearly how few inhabited planets are even in the same light year radius of one another....there's a lot of space between most of us....probably for good reason. It seems an odd thing to leave out of such a complete presentation of the cosmos and the ascendent adventure....unless it just doesn't happen.

(543.11) When mansion world ascenders pass from one sphere to another, they are delivered by the transport seraphim to the receivers of the system co-ordinators on the advanced world. Here in those unique temples at the center of the seventy radiating wings wherein are the chambers of transition similar to the resurrection halls on the initial world of reception for earth-origin mortals, the necessary changes in creature form are skillfully effected by the system co-ordinators. These early morontia-form changes require about seven days of standard time for their accomplishment.

(546.7) 6. Excursion and Reversion Supervisors. These companions will accompany you on the longer trips to the headquarters sphere and to the surrounding worlds of transition culture. They plan, conduct, and supervise all such individual and group tours about the system worlds of training and culture.

No planetary junkets?

Perhaps someone could share some quotes that support the idea of visitors of the mortal or morontial kind? Been looking and not having any luck. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#17 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

my $0.02 worth...

3. WORLDS OF THE NONBREATHERS - P.563
The majority of inhabited planets are peopled with the breathing type of intelligent beings. But there are also orders of mortals who are able to live on worlds with little or no air. Of the Orvonton inhabited worlds this type amounts to less than seven per cent. In Nebadon this percentage is less than three. In all Satania there are only nine such worlds.
There are so very few of the nonbreather type of inhabited worlds in Satania because this more recently organized section of Norlatiadek still abounds in meteoric space bodies; and worlds without a protective friction atmosphere are subject to incessant bombardment by these wanderers. Even some of the comets consist of meteor swarms, but as a rule they are disrupted smaller bodies of matter.
Millions upon millions of meteorites enter the atmosphere of Urantia daily, coming in at the rate of almost two hundred miles a second. On the nonbreathing worlds the advanced races must do much to protect themselves from meteor damage by making electrical installations which operate to consume or shunt the meteors. Great danger confronts them when they venture beyond these protected zones. These worlds are also subject to disastrous electrical storms of a nature unknown on Urantia. During such times of tremendous energy fluctuation the inhabitants must take refuge in their special structures of protective insulation.
Life on the worlds of the nonbreathers is radically different from what it is on Urantia. The nonbreathers do not eat food or drink water as do the Urantia races. The reactions of the nervous system, the heat-regulating mechanism, and the metabolism of these specialized peoples are radically different from such
functions of Urantia mortals. Almost every act of living, aside from reproduction, differs, and even the methods of procreation are somewhat different.
On the nonbreathing worlds the animal species are radically unlike those found on the atmospheric planets. The nonbreathing plan of life varies from the technique of existence on an atmospheric world; even in survival their peoples differ, being candidates for Spirit fusion. Nevertheless, these beings enjoy life and carry forward the activities of the realm with the same relative trials and joys that are experienced by the mortals living on atmospheric worlds. In mind and character the nonbreathers do not differ from other mortal types.
You would be more than interested in the planetary conduct of this type of mortal because such a race of beings inhabits a sphere in close proximity to Urantia.
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#18 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, sustainable agriculture/micro-farming, history, philosophy, behavioral psych, economics (quit laughing), the blues, learning from children.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Yes, my wife and I have speculated about TUB's definition of "close proximity" - our solar system or giant asteroid or a mere light year away? But in the meaning of this thread, should we feed the flying saucer crowd? Are there mechanized speed of light ships roaming the galaxies? Does our planetary history include alien visitations? And TUB merely omits any mention of it locally or universally? This quote does not answer my call for ANY quotes which indicate either mortal or morontial planetary visits visavie "the saucers we see" as one reader so fantastically wrote. We're back to super hero worship here I think....the seed in the human mind for the desire of "visitation". Perhaps we should save that urge on this site for its intended.... a Son of God yet to come?

To me, the UFO crowd and buzz are harmless enough. It is even a big positive that our minds will expand by the contemplation and acceptance of many planets inhabited by many other mortal species.....eventually, seven trillion such. I have always thought it was pure earth centric religious primitivism, and science's "accidental life" theories that dimminished the gods of our ancestors. The problem lies in giving credence to ANY off-planet morontial or mortal beings affecting or controling Urantia's past, present, or future....for this is not in alignment with reality, eh? Or morontials riding mechanized vehicles on inter-stellar junkets to "visit" primitives like a zoo or directing planetary affairs. When in the midst of darkness and fantasy, space ships are one thing....but in the light of TUB? I'll need further evidence.....please. Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#19 Bradly aka/fanofVan

Bradly aka/fanofVan

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

By the way....I was always a big believer in both UFOs and aliens. I did not become skeptical until I had read the Revelation several times.....I just couldn't find any way at all to justify or fit intersteller speed of light mortal travelers after that. Now TUB does not specifically say yea or nay that I can find and many UFOers have come to TUB and somehow discovered the rationalization for them that I have never found. I don't mean to indict any such as goofey or unstable....but there comes a point in a student's experience when some things old must be put aside for the greater marvels and realities presented. I don't need flying saucers.....and I don't think God does either. But still interested in any quotes to the contrary? Peace.
Peace be upon you."

#20 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

By the way....I was always a big believer in both UFOs and aliens. I did not become skeptical until I had read the Revelation several times.....I just couldn't find any way at all to justify or fit intersteller speed of light mortal travelers after that. Now TUB does not specifically say yea or nay that I can find and many UFOers have come to TUB and somehow discovered the rationalization for them that I have never found. I don't mean to indict any such as goofey or unstable....but there comes a point in a student's experience when some things old must be put aside for the greater marvels and realities presented. I don't need flying saucers.....and I don't think God does either. But still interested in any quotes to the contrary? Peace.

The isolation of Urantia renders it impossible to undertake the presentation of many details of the life and environment of your Satania neighbors. In these presentations we are limited by the planetary quarantine and by the system isolation. We must be guided by these restrictions in all our efforts to enlighten Urantia mortals, but in so far as is permissible, you have been instructed in the progress of an average evolutionary world, and you are able to compare such a world's career with the present state of Urantia. P.578 - §1

Planetary intercommunication is denied only those worlds under spiritual quarantine. P.372 - §0

To me planetary intercommunication is the issue. Neither do we have conversations with a loved one who has passed on.

All the best,
Meredith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users