4 replies to this topic

#1 Howard509

Howard509

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

Do most Urantia Book readers read the Urantia Book daily? If so, how many pages are read in a day? I would like to be able to read about five pages a day. If I read more than that, I might forget or miss the main points of it.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience. -
Teilhard de Chardin

#2 Meredith Van Woert

Meredith Van Woert

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hello Howard509,

Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your number-of-pages question, and, your previous post at

http://urantia.invis...e-four-gospels/

I read The Urantia Book for 12 years before I met anyone else who read the book. As an isolated reader during that period of reading, I read as many pages a day as I could take in without falling asleep. I read in the evening after the work of the day was done. I was in my mid-thirties when I found the book and a mother of small children, so my days were full. The first readers I ever met was in the fall of 1990, but that is another story.

All the best,

Meredith

#3 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi everyone! So glad this forum is back online.

As for reading TUB? I read it cover to cover, a chapter at a time, at least a dozen times. Now I only read the parts that address my current interests. For instance, today I read everything I could find about "detachment" and what it means. That involved reading large sections throughout the book. I tend to do this for a few hours several days a week, as the spirit moves. Thanks for asking.

#4 Bill Martin

Bill Martin

Poster

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:destiny interception, kindred spirits, Sailing my ketch, cooking, reading ( a book a day, if possible), helping fellow sojurners on the path of righteousness.I am most interested in building strong relationships with fellow kingdom builders knowing that we will be serving together, off and on, through time and into eternity.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

There is no substitute for cover-to-cover reading. It is essential for beginners,when they develop the thirst, to read sequentially. It is a prerequisite for membership in UAI to have read the whole book front-to-back.

Reading sequentially helps tie in revelations from different authors. The whole book is peppered with choice bits that serendipitously appear in the most unlikely places. I am in Guatemala city right now on book placement and have neither my U Book or computer or I would cite examples for you all.

Developing one´s personal cosmic consciousness by reading the Urantia book is one of life´s greatest priveleges concommitant with "reality-izing" those innner ideational ideals by real service to the Brotherhood of Man/Family of God.

It matters not one whit how many pages you read compared to anyone else. We are all irreplaceable, unique future facets in the Supreme, loved and cherished on high. Develop at your own pace and keep on keeping on. Sooner than later, what was once confusing will be selectively sorted by mind and eventually become part of the unity of your future morontia/soul.

Like Bonita, having gone through the book countless (i stopped counting) times, now it is more deep research and the making of the complete more replete. After all, this pursuit of perfection is what you will seek for the rest of your phenomenal experience on the worlds of time and space till you land on the shores of eternity. So read on...
Slowly but surely the Power of Love is overcoming the Love of Power

#5 Travis Binion

Travis Binion

poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

As a beginning reader, I suggest you read from the Foreward to page 2097 in sequence at least once which is what I did in six weeks about 25 years ago. Then, if possible, join a study group. There is nothing like discussion with seasoned or new readers to sharpen ones understanding. Enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users