Photo

Progressive Civilization Learning from the past...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FTFSGRL

FTFSGRL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Friday night, I watched these 2 shows... "Ancient Aliens - Alien Devastations" prm date Dec 23/10 then "Decoding the Ancients - The Messiah Before Jesus" prm date July 22/11 Both on the History Channel. B)

I had to chuckle while watching these shows. The basis of the shows contain some truth, but the meant perception and direction the show takes you is <sarcasm on> a wee bit off <sarcasm off>.

It deals with what they think are aliens, but when you hear/see it you will understand why I laugh. It sounds quite like a certain history of "Urantia". It even touches the subject on spiritual eugenics of God.
The second show is interesting how they portray the "Messiah Before Jesus". One must pay attention to when the tablet in this show were dated.

I can't give too much away. They're quite interesting to watch. It is important to learn about the past to progress in the present. ;)

#2 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hey F,etc. (love to know what all those letters stand for)

I've seen those two shows a few times and can't watch them anymore. Laughed at first and now just shake my head and change the channel. I get where you're coming from though. Maybe I'm just being arrogant and self-satisfied; some might think so. There is real history in those documentaries, it's the interpretation of history that is, <sarcasm on> a wee bit off <sarcasm off>.

#3 FTFSGRL

FTFSGRL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hey F,etc. (love to know what all those letters stand for)

I've seen those two shows a few times and can't watch them anymore. Laughed at first and now just shake my head and change the channel. I get where you're coming from though. Maybe I'm just being arrogant and self-satisfied; some might think so. There is real history in those documentaries, it's the interpretation of history that is, <sarcasm on> a wee bit off <sarcasm off>.

I still love watching them. While their perception is not of a God-knowing human sometimes, new facts come up all the time in these shows. While they have the correct perception or not, I'm still learning and growing from watching them. I'm a sponge! :P

___________'s Girl :huh:

#4 Bonita

Bonita

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

I still love watching them. While their perception is not of a God-knowing human sometimes, new facts come up all the time in these shows. While they have the correct perception or not, I'm still learning and growing from watching them. I'm a sponge! :P

___________'s Girl :huh:

Well, I always thought GRL stood for Girl, but I'm not getting the FTF part. I guess you can keep it a secret, but I'm gonna call you F for short, if that's okay.

Anyway, I'm with you on the history international channel shows . . . at least the ones with actual history in them. I'm a junky and watch them almost every day. All my friends think I'm weird (not just for that though). Nice to know there's another weirdo out there.

I remember being shocked when I heard that there were other messiahs in the first Century named Jesus. Jesus was such a common name then, just like Mary. There were only so many Hebrew names available, I guess. I know that during Jesus' time, a lot of Jews had both a Hebrew and a Greek name. Must have been confusing.

#5 FTFSGRL

FTFSGRL

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Well, I always thought GRL stood for Girl, but I'm not getting the FTF part. I guess you can keep it a secret, but I'm gonna call you F for short, if that's okay.

Anyway, I'm with you on the history international channel shows . . . at least the ones with actual history in them. I'm a junky and watch them almost every day. All my friends think I'm weird (not just for that though). Nice to know there's another weirdo out there.

I remember being shocked when I heard that there were other messiahs in the first Century named Jesus. Jesus was such a common name then, just like Mary. There were only so many Hebrew names available, I guess. I know that during Jesus' time, a lot of Jews had both a Hebrew and a Greek name. Must have been confusing.

I've been called a weirdo all my life, starting with my parents! lol

I loved the History Civilization channel but don't get it here. Love History, Discovery, National Geographic, Documentary....when I was very young I always wanted to be an archeologist, so I really like archeology shows of sorts too... Museum Secrets is another show I like to watch too....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users