#1 Rick Warren

Rick Warren

Rick Warren

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

Dear Forum Friends,

This is an intriguing and involved topic that would surely interest everyone on Urantia, if only they knew about it.

The five item list, composed by a "resident" Life Carrier, in Section 6 of Paper 64, says so very much, I can't think of a better way to introduce the topic. Consider it open for discussion, your reflections, insights and questions.

...There are many good and sufficient reasons for the plan of evolving either three or six colored races on the worlds of space. Though Urantia mortals may not be in a position fully to appreciate all of these reasons, we would call attention to the following:

1. Variety is indispensable to opportunity for the wide functioning of natural selection, differential survival of superior strains.

2. Stronger and better races are to be had from the interbreeding of diverse peoples when these different races are carriers of superior inheritance factors. And the Urantia races would have benefited by such an early amalgamation provided such a conjoint people could have been subsequently effectively upstepped by a thoroughgoing admixture with the superior Adamic stock. The attempt to execute such an experiment on Urantia under present racial conditions would be highly disastrous.

3. Competition is healthfully stimulated by diversification of races.

4. Differences in status of the races and of groups within each race are essential to the development of human tolerance and altruism.

5. Homogeneity of the human race is not desirable until the peoples of an evolving world attain comparatively high levels of spiritual development.... P.726 - §2

#2 Midsoniter woman

Midsoniter woman

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:politics

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

I just watched a documentary on the Discovery channel called "The Real Eve" narrated by Danny Glover. Apparently the scientists of the planet today are reporting many things as fact that they have no idea what they are talking about. They said all races came from Africa, one black woman in Africa. And the reason I bring this up is bcause scientists now believe they know the reason for the differing races of people. They believe there are different races because of the need for vitamin D. They believe that all humans started out black and turned white through an evolutionary process designed to absorb more vitamin D. I'm not kidding. They are reporting as fact that human evolution goes from black to white, all starting black and ending up white eventually. They do talk crazy when they spin their wheels. And also they simply can't accept differences. People just hate differences and seek to stomp them out whenever possible.

Edited by Midsoniter woman, 05 June 2011 - 09:01 PM.

"If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man's rights, then sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men (Urantia Book, 938)."

#3 JR Sherrod

JR Sherrod

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:I am a Lapidary, and Jewelry Artist & Designer. I love reading the Urantia Book, science fiction, and speculative non-fiction. I am a Choral Singer. I was, at various times in my past, a Military Policeman, Police Instructor, Computer Programmer/Analyst, and Post-secondary technical instructor. I love astronomy, aeronautice & aerospace, and planes & rockets of all types. I bicycle and walk for fun and fitness. I am an Advanced Toastmaster - Bronze. I write Autobiographic Self-Help, and Speculative Non-Fiction.

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

You are so right, Midsoniter Woman - too many folks hate differences of any kind. They have co-opted the word "discrimination" to mean something akin to "act in evil manner" rather than its truer meaning of discerning the differences between available choice, then choosing based upon an intelligent assessment of relative values. I agree that variety is the spice of life; and I suspect the tremendous range of genetic eventualities from the proper intermingling of the 3 or 6 different races is indeed worth all the intervening difficulties. After all, difficulties foster the better growth!

That's my first 2 cents worth!

"JR" Sherrod

Ah! To be host to God, Himself; and to be enriched beyond measure by that incomprehensible treasure!

#4 ubizmo

ubizmo

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

As far as I know, the only known skin pigments are the two forms of melanin: pheomelanin, which is reddish in hue, and eumelanin, which is brown. It is well documented that melanin limits the production of vitamin D produced in skin when exposed to UV radiation from sunlight. The closer to the equator one is, the more intense the exposure to sunlight, increasing the danger of vitamin D toxicity. So melanin gives important protection. As you get away from the equator, the problem is not vitamin D overdose, it's vitamin D insufficiency, so it's advantageous to have less melanin, so that your skin can take maximum advantage of the available sunlight.

None of this is controversial. On the other hand, the evolutionary story of how the distribution of skin colors around the world got to be the way they are is pretty sketchy, and many details are disputed.

The UB's account is as follows:

(722.4) 64:5.3 These Sangik children, nineteen in number, were not only intelligent above their fellows, but their skins manifested a unique tendency to turn various colors upon exposure to sunlight. Among these nineteen children were five red, two orange, four yellow, two green, four blue, and two indigo.

An interesting question is whether you can possibly get these colors from combinations of the two forms of melanin. As it stands, though, I don't find the story of the Sangik races more believable than the simpler melanin/migration story.

I'd also point out that the UB's justification for the colored races doesn't make a lot of sense, as it stands. While it's no doubt true that "Variety is indispensable to opportunity for the wide functioning of natural selection, differential survival of superior strains," and "Stronger and better races are to be had from the interbreeding of diverse peoples when these different races are carriers of superior inheritance factors" and so forth, none of this adds up to a case for having three or six colored races. It only makes a case for having plenty of different strains of human beings. So, unless there's an argument that shows that the only way to do this is to have three or six colored races, the argument fails. To my knowledge, no such argument is presented in the UB.

#5 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Soccer, Movies, Games,

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

and so forth, none of this adds up to a case for having three or six colored races. It only makes a case for having plenty of different strains of human beings. So, unless there's an argument that shows that the only way to do this is to have three or six colored races, the argument fails. To my knowledge, no such argument is presented in the UB.

That is assuming they are trying to prove anything. They don't seem to worried about trying to validate what they are saying. But they do talk about color, and alot of senior reader's like Chris have made a connection between the mind spirits and the different races. The author's make a point of saying that early primitive man was a cross between Red and Yellow. I forget the argument but Chris was talking about how these colour's are dominant in the skin or melanin and that almost everyone has them to some degree. I forget the connection he made but he and some other's have made some good case study's.

The U.B does not seem to be sweating bullet's about trying to prove anything....Said Jesus

an age to come the gospel which I declare to you will rule this very world.

Also keep in mind when people do start fusing with their thought adjuster's it will be pretty hard to say that the Urantia Book was just a made up story. Also there seem's to be an impending arrival of some divine being on the planet in the next few thousand year's I am pretty sure it will be hard to egnore him with all the social media that is out there. The only thing the revelation seem's worried about is the countless people who want to be spiritual but have nothing to grab onto.

http://www.blogtalkr...chris-halvorson

In this interview Chris talks about Eugenics I don't agree with everything chris say's especially about spirituality but when it comes to science he has some pretty outstanding work. Here is a pdf of his and Halbert from ubthenews on race.

http://www.ubthenews...nicsAndRace.pdf

Edited by boomshuka, 06 June 2011 - 09:11 AM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#6 ubizmo

ubizmo

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

That is assuming they are trying to prove anything. They don't seem to worried about trying to validate what they are saying.

Hmm...I'm not sure I agree. After all, the language "There are many good and sufficient reasons for the plan of evolving either three or six colored races on the worlds of space. Though Urantia mortals may not be in a position fully to appreciate all of these reasons, we would call attention to the following..." is all about justification. So, I read this as saying that the "plan" is justified, but we're not in a position to understand the justification very well.

But they do talk about color, and alot of senior reader's like Chris have made a connection between the mind spirits and the different races. The author's make a point of saying that early primitive man was a cross between Red and Yellow. I forget the argument but Chris was talking about how these colour's are dominant in the skin or melanin and that almost everyone has them to some degree.

Indeed they do talk a lot about color. For me, the first point would be to have some reason to believe that the six colored races actually existed. Is it actually possible to have skin that looks green or blue in sunlight from just the two forms of melanin? Were there once other pigments that have now entirely disappeared from the gene pool? To be sure, there are many possible skin colors. The words "red", "yellow", "black", and "brown" are widely used to designate broad categories. Given the nature of pheomelanin and eumelanin, this makes sense. I can imagine a complexion that might be described as orange, but blue and green don't seem to be colors that you could get from melanin.

Anyway, as I wrote above, the idea that diversity is a kind of evolutionary resource is entirely believable. But it's hard to get from that to a justification of a plan of three or six colored races.

Also keep in mind when people do start fusing with their thought adjuster's it will be pretty hard to say that the Urantia Book was just a made up story.

That's true, although I'd say "if" rather than "when". Given the fact that the UB has so much to say about colored races, it would certainly be helpful if we had some independent sense of what's being talked about.

#7 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

There is alot of evidence circulating about these different race's in relation to the U.B. One of the main proof's is in regards to skeletal remain's and skull's. Here is some of the info I took from chris halvorons' pdf.

Regarding skull shape, The Urantia Book teaches:
Each of the Urantia races was identified by certain distinguishing physical
characteristics. The Adamites [H. sapiens ultrasapiens] and Nodites [H. sapiens
transerectus] were long-headed; the Andonites [H. erectus prosapiens] were
broad-headed. The Sangik races [H. sapiens (primarius or secundarius) were
medium-headed, with the yellow and blue men tending to broad-headedness. The
blue races, when mixed with the Andonite stock, were decidedly broad-headed.
The secondary Sangiks were medium- to long-headed.78

This paragraph could help explain why anthropologists have been having such a difficult time
interpreting their data with respect to skull shape. The second sentence, comparing the Adamites
and Nodites with the Andonites, establishes one of the primary distinctions. The Adamites and
77 Urantia Book 101:4.5
78 Urantia Book 81:4.2
Chapter 9: Skull Shapes and Skeletal Types
UBtheNEWS.com Eugenics, Race, and The Urantia Book
Nodites—the most advanced races—are a more recent phenomenon (40,000 and 200,000 years
ago, respectively) and were long-headed. They are contrasted with the broad-headed Andonites,
the first human beings to evolve approximately 1,000,000 years ago.

The Adamites and Nodites started in Mesopotamia and then primarily migrated north; they
tended to only mate with those who exhibited superior genetic qualities. The Andonites, on the
other hand, spread out in all directions and mingled all too freely with the more debased stocks
[H. erectus subsapiens]. The Urantia Book teaches that, during the early phases of human
evolution, there was a natural tendency for less intelligent individuals to migrate to warmer
climates where life is easier.
From a Urantia Book perspective, one of the reasons there is considerable difficulty in
deciphering the fossil records and making sense of genetic research is that the Sangik races
emerged around 500,000 years ago, right between the Adamites and Andonites. The Sangik races
exhibit just the opposite tendency with respect to skull shape, though it is not quite as
pronounced. The primary Sangiks, particularly the yellow and blue, tended toward broadheadedness
and primarily occupied the Eurasian continent. The secondary Sangiks stayed more
to the south and were “medium- to long-headed.”
If The Urantia Book is correct, anthropologists could never be expected to figure out all our lost
human history.
The Urantia Book presents an integrated picture of the most significant genetic and cultural
developments in human history. It provides numerous details that can help take us forward into
the future. In addition to providing this general information about skull shapes and skeletal types,
the authors make comments about where fossil evidence can be found to support what is being
said and comments on how we can better use terminology. For example:
To the east of the Badonan peoples [H. erectus prosapiens], in the Siwalik Hills
of northern India may be found fossils that approach nearer to transition types
between man and the various prehuman groups than any others on earth.
850,000 years ago the superior Badonan tribes began a warfare of extermination
directed against their inferior and animalistic neighbors. In less than one thousand
years most of the borderland animal groups of these regions had been either
destroyed or driven back to the southern forests. This campaign for the
extermination of inferiors brought about a slight improvement in the hill tribes of
that age. And the mixed descendants of this improved Badonite stock appeared on
the stage of action as an apparently new people—the Neanderthal race.79 [H.
neanderthalensis prosapiens]
The reference in the next quote to the “Foxhall peoples” is apparently a designation coined by
the authors to refer to excavations carried out in the early 1900’s by Nina Francis Layard on
Foxhall Road in Suffolk, England. (See Early Migration to Britain Report.)
79 Urantia Book 64:3.4
Though the remains of the Foxhall peoples were the last to be discovered in
England, these Andonites were really the first human beings to live in those
regions. At that time the land bridge still connected France with England; and
since most of the early settlements of the Andon descendants were located along
the rivers and seashores of that early day, they are now under the waters of the
English Channel and the North Sea. but some three or four are still above water
on the English coast.80
As well as giving us specific clues to follow up on, the authors also offer corrective suggestions,
regarding discoveries that have been misclassified, by referring to them as “so-called.”
950,000 years ago the descendants of Andon and Fonta had migrated far to the
east and to the west. To the west they passed over Europe to France and England.
In later times they penetrated eastward as far as Java, where their bones were so
recently found—the so-called Java man—and then journeyed on to Tasmania.81
Similarly, the authors refer to the Heidelberg fossils as the “so-called Heidelberg race.”
One of the anthropological mysteries that the authors try to clear up for us concerns height
irregularities. The Urantia Book says, “They [Adam and Eve] . . . were a little more than eight
feet in height.82 Other statements in The Urantia Book about the Adamites indicate that the
stature of this race declined with successive generations and, of course, with intermixing.
Ancient art and religious traditions provide a certain degree of support for this “epochal
transaction in the distant past.”
With respect to the height of the Sangik races, The Urantia Book explains:
Even mortal stature tends to decrease from the red man down to the indigo race,
although on Urantia unexpected strains of giantism appeared among the green and
orange peoples.83
The last of the Sangik peoples to migrate from their center of race origin [the
region of Afghanistan] was the indigo man. About the time the green man was
killing off the orange race in Egypt and greatly weakening himself in so doing,
the great black exodus started south through Palestine along the coast; and later,
when these physically strong indigo peoples overran Egypt, they wiped the green
man out of existence by sheer force of numbers. These indigo races absorbed the
remnants of the orange man and much of the stock of the green man, and certain
of the indigo tribes were considerably improved by this racial amalgamation.84
In many ways both groups [the orange and green races] were evenly matched in
this struggle since each carried strains of the giant order, many of their leaders
80 Urantia Book 64:2.6
81 Urantia Book 64:1.6
82 Urantia Book 74:1.1
83 Urantia Book 51:4.2
84 Urantia Book 64:7.2,3,10-14

being eight and nine feet in height. These giant strains of the green man were
mostly confined to this southern or Egyptian nation.85

The description of the Adamites, coupled with the assertion that strains of giantism were present
in the orange and green race, provides a working theory to help explain some of the peculiarities
in the (incomplete) fossil records. And it is, of course, noteworthy that advances in anthropology,
especially as the this field is now becoming better understood through genetics research, are
increasingly lending support to the model of human evolution described in The Urantia Book.
The authors of The Urantia Book make no bones about the fact that they are instructing us in
how to start out our anthropological studies with a better set of initial assumptions:
Although these skull dimensions are serviceable in deciphering racial origins, the
skeleton as a whole is far more dependable. In the early development of the
Urantia races there were originally five distinct types of skeletal structure:
1. Andonic, Urantia aborigines. [H. erectus prosapiens]
2. Primary Sangik, red, yellow, and blue. [H. sapiens primarius]
3. Secondary Sangik, orange, green, and indigo. [H. sapiens secundarius]
4. Nodites, descendants of the Dalamatians.86 [H. sapiens transerectus]
5. Adamites, the violet race. [H. sapiens ultrasapiens]
As these five great racial groups extensively intermingled, continual mixture
tended to obscure the Andonite type by Sangik hereditary dominance. The Lapps
and the Eskimos are blends of Andonite and Sangik-blue races. Their skeletal
structures come the nearest to preserving the aboriginal Andonic type. But the
Adamites and the Nodites have become so admixed with the other races that they
can be detected only as a generalized Caucasoid order.
In general, therefore, as the human remains of the last twenty thousand years are
unearthed, it will be impossible clearly to distinguish the five original types.
Study of such skeletal structures will disclose that mankind is now divided into
approximately three classes:
1. The Caucasoid —the Andite blend of the Nodite and Adamic stocks,
further modified by primary and (some) secondary Sangik admixture and
by considerable Andonic crossing. The Occidental white races, together
with some Indian and Turanian peoples, are included in this group. The
85 Urantia Book 64:6.19
86 This is a reference to an aspect of The Urantia Book’s discussion about our racial history that
does not directly relate to issues regarding eugenics and race. The Nodites mixed with the
Adamites to create the Andite race. Therefore, any issues that would relate to the Nodites are
reasonably covered through discussion about the Adamites and Andites. Additionally, the topic
of the Nodites would require introducing cosmological aspects of The Urantia Book that would
be a needless distraction from the primary purposes of this paper. However, the Urantia Bookbased
taxonomy in Appendix one has more information on this race.
unifying factor in this division is the greater or lesser proportion of Andite
inheritance.
2. The Mongoloid—the primary Sangik type, including the original red,
yellow, and blue races. The Chinese and Amerinds belong to this group. In
Europe the Mongoloid type has been modified by secondary Sangik and
Andonic mixture; still more by Andite infusion. The Malayan and other
Indonesian peoples are included in this classification, though they contain
a high percentage of secondary Sangik blood.
3. The Negroid—the secondary Sangik type, which originally included the
orange, green, and indigo races. This is the type best illustrated by the
Negro, and it will be found through Africa, India, and Indonesia wherever
the secondary Sangik races located.
In North China there is a certain blending of Caucasoid and Mongoloid types; in
the Levant the Caucasoid and Negroid have intermingled; in India, as in South
America, all three types are represented. And the skeletal characteristics of the
three surviving types still persist and help to identify the later ancestry of presentday
human races.87
As with the paragraph covering the skull shapes of the various races, the quote above also
provides an organized set of initial assumptions. And consistent with their stated purposes, the
authors bring us out from the past up to modern times, explaining mysteries along the way.
The Nordics continued the trade in amber from the Baltic coast, building up a
great commerce with the broadheads of the Danube valley via the Brenner Pass.
This extended contact with the Danubians led these northerners into mother
worship, and for several thousands of years cremation of the dead was almost
universal throughout Scandinavia. This explains why remains of the earlier white
races, although buried all over Europe, are not to be found—only their ashes in
stone and clay urns. These white men also built dwellings; they never lived in
caves. And again this explains why there are so few evidences of the white man's
early culture, although the preceding Cro-Magnon type is well preserved where it
has been securely sealed up in caves and grottoes. As it were, one day in northern
Europe there is a primitive culture of the retrogressing Danubians and the blue
man and the next that of a suddenly appearing and vastly superior white man.88
The Cro-Magnoid blue man constituted the biologic foundation for the modern
European races, but they have survived only as absorbed by the later and virile
conquerors of their homelands. The blue strain contributed many sturdy traits and
much physical vigor to the white races of Europe, but the humor and imagination
of the blended European peoples were derived from the Andites. This Andite-blue
union, resulting in the northern white races, produced an immediate lapse of
Andite civilization, a retardation of a transient nature. Eventually, the latent
87 Urantia Book 81:4.1-10
88 Urantia Book 80:9.1
superiority of these northern barbarians manifested itself and culminated in
present-day European civilization.
The Andite peoples of the Euphrates valley migrated north to Europe to mingle
with the blue men and west into the Mediterranean regions to mix with the
remnants of the commingled Saharans and the southern blue men. And these two
branches of the white race were, and now are, widely separated by the broadheaded
mountain survivors of the earlier Andonite tribes which had long
inhabited these central regions.89
While the blue man had been absorbed in the north and eventually succumbed to
the white cavalry raiders who penetrated the south, the advancing tribes of the
mixed white race met with stubborn and protracted resistance from the Cro-
Magnons, but superior intelligence and ever-augmenting biologic reserves
enabled them to wipe the older race out of existence.90
The early expansion of the violet race into Europe was cut short by certain rather
sudden climatic and geologic changes. With the retreat of the northern ice fields
the water-laden winds from the west shifted to the north, gradually turning the
great open pasture regions of Sahara into a barren desert. This drought dispersed
the smaller-statured brunets, dark-eyed but long-headed dwellers of the great
Sahara plateau.
The purer indigo elements moved southward to the forests of central Africa,
where they have ever since remained. The more mixed groups spread out in three
directions: The superior tribes to the west migrated to Spain and thence to
adjacent parts of Europe, forming the nucleus of the later Mediterranean longheaded
brunet races. The least progressive division to the east of the Sahara
plateau migrated to Arabia and thence through northern Mesopotamia and India to
faraway Ceylon. The central group moved north and east to the Nile valley and
into Palestine.91
It is this secondary Sangik substratum that suggests a certain degree of kinship
among the modern peoples scattered from the Deccan through Iran, Mesopotamia,
and along both shores of the Mediterranean Sea.92
These racial mixtures laid the foundations for the southern European race, the
most highly mixed of all. And since these days this race has undergone still
further admixture, notably with the blue-yellow-Andite peoples of Arabia. This
Mediterranean race is, in fact, so freely admixed with the surrounding peoples as
to be virtually indiscernible as a separate type, but in general its members are
short, long-headed, and brunet.93
89 Urantia Book 80:8.1
90 Urantia Book 80:5.3
91 Urantia Book 80:2.1,2
92 Urantia Book 80:2.3
93 Urantia Book 80:9.10

During the following interglacial period this new Neanderthal race extended from
England to India. The remnant of the blue race left in the old Persian peninsula
later amalgamated with certain others, primarily the yellow; and the resultant
blend, subsequently somewhat upstepped by the violet race of Adam, has
persisted as the swarthy nomadic tribes of modern Arabs.94
Along with its discussion of skull shape and skeletal structure is the interweaving of the
qualitative differences associated with these various physical traits, of course. The final division
of humanity into approximately three groups—Caucasoid, Mongaloid, and Negroid—directly
relates to statements made about varying genetic qualities. No matter how many subdivisions
Caucasoid gets divided into, the defining characteristic is the superior Andite genetic strain. The
Mongoloid classification is weighted toward primary Sangiks and the Negroid, of course, is
secondary Sangik.
A matter of fact discussion about physical anthropology does not address how these physical
traits relate to other more qualitative issues. However, before reviewing The Urantia Book’s
statements regarding the qualitative differences associated with racial heritage, the next chapter
reviews the specific manner in which the authors frame the discussion about the Aryans and the
white races. This will not only reveal what The Urantia Book’s position about these two groups,
it will also suggests more useful ways of using terminology.

Biologically considered, the secondary Sangiks [orange, green, and indigo] were
in some respects superior to the primary races [red, yellow, and blue].39
The process of planetary evolution is orderly and controlled. The development of
higher organisms from lower groupings of life is not accidental. Sometimes
evolutionary progress is temporarily delayed by the destruction of certain
favorable lines of life plasm carried in a selected species. It often requires ages
upon ages to recoup the damage occasioned by the loss of a single superior strain
of human heredity. These selected and superior strains of living protoplasm
should be jealously and intelligently guarded when once they make their
appearance. And on most of the inhabited worlds these superior potentials of life
are valued much more highly than on Urantia.40

The

Hybridization of superior and dissimilar stocks is the secret of the creation of new
and more vigorous strains. And this is true of plants, animals, and the human
species. Hybridization augments vigor and increases fertility. Race mixtures of
the average or superior strata of various peoples greatly increase creative
potential, as is shown in the present population of the United States of North
America. When such matings take place between the lower or inferior strata,
creativity is diminished, as is shown by the present-day peoples of southern India.
Race blending greatly contributes to the sudden appearance of new characteristics,
and if such hybridization is the union of superior strains, then these new
characteristics will also be superior traits.

The evolution of six—or of three—colored races, while seeming to deteriorate the
original endowment of the red man, provides certain very desirable variations in
mortal types and affords an otherwise unattainable expression of diverse human
potentials. These modifications are beneficial to the progress of mankind as a
whole provided they are subsequently upstepped by the imported Adamic or
violet race. [Adam and Eve are said to have had skin with a violet hue.] On
Urantia this usual plan of amalgamation was not extensively carried out, and this
failure to execute the plan of race evolution makes it impossible for you to
understand very much about the status of these peoples on an average inhabited
planet by observing the remnants of these early races on your world.38
There are no pure races in the world today. The early and original evolutionary
peoples of color have only two representative races persisting in the world, the
yellow man and the black man; and even these two races are much admixed with
the extinct colored peoples. While the so-called white race is predominantly
descended from the ancient blue man, it is admixed more or less with all other
races much as is the red man of the Americas.

There is proof in what the u.b say's about the race's with skeletal remain's of ancient settlement's. ie. Tarim basin mummy.

The red men early began to migrate to the northeast, on the heels of the retreating
ice, passing around the highlands of India and occupying all of northeastern Asia.
They were closely followed by the yellow tribes, who subsequently drove them
out of Asia into North America.

Edited by boomshuka, 06 June 2011 - 10:36 AM.

If one man craves freedom -- liberty -- he must remember that all other men long for the same freedom

#8 ubizmo

ubizmo

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

There is alot of evidence circulating about these different race's in relation to the U.B. One of the main proof's is in regards to skeletal remain's and skull's. Here is some of the info I took from chris halvorons' pdf.

None of that helps to answer the question of how blue and green skinned races were possible when the only known human skin pigments are shades of brown. If the UB had simply said there were six races, A,B,C,D,E, and F, we could still talk about long heads and round heads, and all that, but we wouldn't have the puzzle about green and blue people.

It's certainly possible that other pigments existed in the distant past, and perhaps we'll find traces of that DNA lying dormant in the human genome. But at the moment, there is no evidence that I know of that blue and green people ever existed, or could exist.

You can turn your skin orange by eating enough beta carotene.

#9 HSTa

HSTa

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

None of that helps to answer the question of how blue and green skinned races were possible when the only known human skin pigments are shades of brown. If the UB had simply said there were six races, A,B,C,D,E, and F, we could still talk about long heads and round heads, and all that, but we wouldn't have the puzzle about green and blue people.

It's certainly possible that other pigments existed in the distant past, and perhaps we'll find traces of that DNA lying dormant in the human genome. But at the moment, there is no evidence that I know of that blue and green people ever existed, or could exist.

You can turn your skin orange by eating enough beta carotene.

The UBook mentions melanin here:

4. The Andonic Clans
UB (713.7) 63:4.1 Primitive man — the Andonites — had black eyes and a swarthy complexion, something of a cross between yellow and red. Melanin is a coloring substance which is found in the skins of all human beings. It is the original Andonic skin pigment. In general appearance and skin color these early Andonites more nearly resembled the present-day Eskimo than any other type of living human beings. They were the first creatures to use the skins of animals as a protection against cold; they had little more hair on their bodies than present-day humans.

Melanin in humans (skin) are of the two basic types that Todd mentioned, but the whole thing is more complex. Hair colours and eye colours are also related to melanin and to genes!

The large variety of colours that melanin can produce, is perhaps best seen in birds:

For example, the blues and bright greens of many parrots are produced by constructive interference of light reflecting from different layers of the structures in feathers, in the case of green plumage in addition to the yellow pigments; the specific feather structure involved is sometimes called the Dyck texture. Melanin is often involved in the absorption of some of the light; in combination with yellow pigment it produces dull olive-greens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feather

This was only a short comment on a topic that has been discussed many times earlier.

THE BLUE PEOPLE OF TROUBLESOME CREEK:

whatever the cause, blue skin colour has been found in modern humans:
http://www.rootsweb....some_Creek.html

#10 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Awesome article HSTa. Unfortunetly there is no more green race, but Burma may provide the best evidence for this race..

(884.5) 79:6.2 In Burma and the peninsula of Indo-China the cultures of India and China mixed and blended to produce the successive civilizations of those regions. Here the vanished green race has persisted in larger proportion than anywhere else in the world.

Edited by boomshuka, 06 June 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#11 ubizmo

ubizmo

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

Melanin in humans (skin) are of the two basic types that Todd mentioned, but the whole thing is more complex. Hair colours and eye colours are also related to melanin and to genes!

The large variety of colours that melanin can produce, is perhaps best seen in birds:

As the article points out, birds have a yellow pigment not present in mammals, and feathers have a fine structure utterl different from skin, so I'm not convinced of the relevance of this to alleged blue and green human races.

This was only a short comment on a topic that has been discussed many times earlier.

Sorry, I only brought it up because the topic "5 Reasons for the Races of Color" was started.

whatever the cause, blue skin colour has been found in modern humans:
http://www.rootsweb....some_Creek.html

Again, the question isn't whether people might look blue under certain circumstances, such as this rare recessive gene blood disorder. For all I know, there may be a possible abnormality in the body's ability to use copper that creates a green tone. The question is whether there is actual evidence in support of the colored races mentioned in the UB. I really don't see how this medical oddity figures into it.

It's possible, I suppose, that more advanced DNA analysis methods will give us better insight into this sort of thing. Perhaps there were other skin pigments, but the gene was lost, like the gene for being able to synthesize vitamin C.

#12 HSTa

HSTa

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

As the article points out, birds have a yellow pigment not present in mammals, and feathers have a fine structure utterl different from skin, so I'm not convinced of the relevance of this to alleged blue and green human races.

Sorry, I only brought it up because the topic "5 Reasons for the Races of Color" was started.

Again, the question isn't whether people might look blue under certain circumstances, such as this rare recessive gene blood disorder. For all I know, there may be a possible abnormality in the body's ability to use copper that creates a green tone. The question is whether there is actual evidence in support of the colored races mentioned in the UB. I really don't see how this medical oddity figures into it.

It's possible, I suppose, that more advanced DNA analysis methods will give us better insight into this sort of thing. Perhaps there were other skin pigments, but the gene was lost, like the gene for being able to synthesize vitamin C.

It would be worth vile to keep your eyes and mind open for further developments in the rapidly expanding field of genetic research! The coloured races of Urantia has been a subject for ridicule by the sceptics.

“The Sangik family, the ancestors of all of the six colored races of Urantia.” appeared about half a million years ago, and of course our knowledge about genes that old is limited.

As such, I see it as a good sign that the UB mentions melanin and colours at all. Everybody isn’t aware about this connection.

The connection between D-vitamin, UV-radiation in sunlight and melanin have also been discussed a lot in recent years. It is known that the bodily processes automatically prevent the production of too much D-vitamin put if melanin is the prime regulator seems to be unclear. “D-vitamin” should really be considered to be a hormone, because its solubility in fats.

“The health-giving ultraviolet rays” really only produce in the skin a substance which is “ancestral” to among others D-vitamin. The vitamin in its final form appears in your body weeks later from the exposure to sunlight.

The Ozon layer, its function and height region, is also correctly described by the UB!

UB (665.5) 58:2.2. The ozone permeating this region, at conditions prevailing on the earth’s surface, would make a layer only one tenth of an inch thick; nevertheless, this relatively small and apparently insignificant amount of ozone protects Urantia inhabitants from the excess of these dangerous and destructive ultraviolet radiations present in sunlight. But were this ozone layer just a trifle thicker, you would be deprived of the highly important and health-giving ultraviolet rays which now reach the earth’s surface, and which are ancestral to one of the most essential of your vitamins.

I have followed discussions about this and related subjects due to my UB interest.

All types of different skin colures also appear in mythological pictures, especially Egyptian and Indian pictures.

In addition to the UB-info I have seen persistent believes by others that the Cro-Magnons had blue skin colour!

=

Loosely related to this thread is also the UB statement: The cuttlefish employs copper for this function, and the sea squirt utilizes vanadium.
The above statement has been verified today.

UB (737.4) 65:6.4 One of the most serviceable and complex episodes in the evolution of the higher types of animals consisted in the development of the ability of the iron in the circulating blood cells to perform in the double role of oxygen carrier and carbon dioxide remover. And this performance of the red blood cells illustrates how evolving organisms are able to adapt their functions to varying or changing environment. The higher animals, including man, oxygenate their tissues by the action of the iron of the red blood cells, which carries oxygen to the living cells and just as efficiently removes the carbon dioxide. But other metals can be made to serve the same purpose. The cuttlefish employs copper for this function, and the sea squirt utilizes vanadium.

#13 ubizmo

ubizmo

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

It would be worth vile to keep your eyes and mind open for further developments in the rapidly expanding field of genetic research! The coloured races of Urantia has been a subject for ridicule by the sceptics.

I do keep an open mind, on this and all other matters related to the UB's factual content. I've changed my mind more than once on various points, in light of new evidence. To me, the very essence of an open mind is keeping one's ideas open to revision in light of new evidence. I am a skeptic, yes, but not the kind of skeptic who believes in "debunking" all things that threaten naturalism. I consider myself more a "Socratic" skeptic, in the sense that I believe in following the argument where it leads, rather than leading it where you think it should end up. But this means striving to be honest with the evidence, and not adjust the standard when things are looking one way rather than another. Applied to the UB, this means making the effort to see the many convergences with science that actually exist, rather than dismissing them as lucky guesses. But it also means that when the UB is at odds with science, or makes claims for which evidence is either lacking or pointing to a different conclusion, not trying to deny it.

“The Sangik family, the ancestors of all of the six colored races of Urantia.” appeared about half a million years ago, and of course our knowledge about genes that old is limited.

Indeed it is. And that means that there may never be any clear evidence of the existence of these races. But paleogenetics is a fast-moving field, so anything is possible. All we can say is that right now, there is no evidence of such races, and no real idea about how they could have existed.

As such, I see it as a good sign that the UB mentions melanin and colours at all. Everybody isn’t aware about this connection.

The connection between D-vitamin, UV-radiation in sunlight and melanin have also been discussed a lot in recent years. It is known that the bodily processes automatically prevent the production of too much D-vitamin put if melanin is the prime regulator seems to be unclear. “D-vitamin” should really be considered to be a hormone, because its solubility in fats.

Yes, the importance of vitamin D for health has been ignored for a long time, but is finally getting the attention it deserves. I've been supplementing with D from September to May, for years. In the US, studies have shown that vitamin D insufficiency is over twice as high among African-Americans as it is in the rest of the population (75% and 36%, respectively), and low levels of D are associated with a number of chronic illnesses, including prostate cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease--all of which are also higher in the African-American population. I don't think there's much doubt that melanin plays an important role, but there are no doubt other factors involved.

#14 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

All we can say is that right now, there is no evidence of such races, and no real idea about how they could have existed.

I think that is why the U.B goes so extensively into skeletal remain's, because while we cannot tell what colour someone was we can tell if they were of a different race based on their skeleton/skull. In which case they really go all out in providing detail's about where all the remain's of these people are located around the globe.

Edited by boomshuka, 07 June 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#15 -Scott-

-Scott-

Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

P728:1, 64:7.12 All efforts to identify the Sangik ancestry of modern peoples must take into account the later improvement of the racial strains by the subsequent admixture of Adamic blood.

It would seem that it is humanly possible to identify the sangik ancestory of modern people's our science must just not have caught up yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users