Date: Tue, 11/27/2012
Author: Jeff Wattles
By Jeff Wattles, Ohio, USA
A seminar on the truths of spiritual experience will be conducted by Jeff Wattles and held at Urantia Foundation headquarters in Chicago, beginning on Thursday evening, May 30, and ending at noon on Sunday, June 2, 2013.
Participants will be presented with an approach to education based on two statements from The Urantia Book:
- "On the mansion worlds . . . schools are organized in three general groups . . .the schools of thinking, the schools of feeling, and the schools of doing." (551.1) 48:5.6
- "The religious challenge of this age is to those farseeing and forward-looking men and women of spiritual insight who will dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlarged and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universe beauty, and divine goodness." (43.3) 2:7.10
If you are interested in attending the seminar, contact Jeff (email@example.com). Participants will:
- select one or more truths of spiritual experience;
- study these truths in The Urantia Book;
- savor and internalize them for at least six weeks; and then
- design a five-minute, presentation to express a bite-sized "something" of that truth.
If you cannot attend the seminar, you can listen to podcasts of a two-month course on the philosophy of living, a course that Jeff will be giving at Kent State University, beginning March 7. For additional information, visit https://sites.google...proclaim-share/.
Source: Urantia Foundation News
Note to Younger Readers, 3/11/13:
...We will share, study, commune, hear presentations from participants, support one another, and prepare to communicate truth after we return home.
The seminar is intended for those who have begun to share spiritual truth and wish to upgrade their ability to do so. The goal is to empower ourselves to "promote a religion . . . commensurate with man's intellectual and cultural development."
There is a preparatory project that uses revealed and tested methods of experiential education. You select one or more spiritual truths to focus on, probe them through study, live them in experience, and share your findings with the group, as coordinated by the seminar organizer, Jeff Wattles.
About a dozen places at the table are still available, and there is a need to balance the seminar with younger readers. If you are interested, contact Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org